Call For Entries
Developer notes to the user
- Titles should be h4's to keep the site consistent
- If replacing an image make sure it has the same width. (Double click to find out size)
- This message will not be shown when published
Entries Now Open
Entries Close May 31st
What is ageing? Does it mean ‘getting old’? Is it ‘getting older’? Or is it simply ‘growing’?
The Life in Pictures filmmaking competition is a unique collaboration between government, the arts and the community that's centered on stimulating discussion about ageing, celebrating achievements of those who are ageing and diving into cultures each who have a different perspective on what it is to age.
Relevance in the workforce, finances, living in a cashless society, sex and sexuality, relationships to family and community, housing, health care, vulnerability to elder abuse and myriad other forces come into play. Like-wise the contribution people who are now seniors make and have made in building the communities we inhabit globally and locally are not always acknowledged or recognised. Their stories of triumph, achievement and of course struggle are forces that surround them and inform us.
This film competition is designed to raise and enhance awareness of the rewards and challenges of ageing in the community. It provides a platform on which to build community discussion, reflection, education and interaction. It's aimed at all sectors of the community from the school aged to the mature aged and is designed to encourage creative approaches that may present positive – and potentially critical – perspectives of age and ageing in our community.
With the diversity of the community base that embraces all nationalities and cultures from first Australians to new arrivals we hope that the films created for the competition will facilitate discussion, interaction and understanding about aspects of ageing, specifically focusing on the creative contributions of seniors in our community.
There are three entry categories each with a tailored prize pool worth around $6,000 in each section:
- Under 17
Entries are now open and we want yours!
Here's some great examples of some things other people have done. Now these are from professional filmmakers so don't be daunted - they're just food for some fun ideas and usual approaches:
- Elgin Park
- Pablo’s Villa
- On Her Shoulders
- Every pair of Hands Tells a Story: June and Rupert
- Every pair of hands tells a story: Jeffery
- Click here to go to our online entry form if you have a link for a film you've loaded to Vimeo, YouTube or another portal yourself for us to view.
- Click here if you'd like to enter through Film Freeway which is a one stop entry form and upload shop.
- Download the entry form as an PDF that you can fill out online or with a pen (remember them?) if you want to send us something through the post.
GUIDELINES & INFORMATION
- Click here to go to the competition Guidelines and prize information.
- Click here to contact our competition coordinator with any questions - or call 0448 007 233
- Join our mailing list for information as it comes to hand.