BLIND DATE MUSIC VIDEO COMPETITION
Developer notes to the user
- Titles should be h4's to keep the site consistent
- If replacing an image make sure it has the same width. (Double click to find out size)
- This message will not be shown when published
BLIND DATE MUSIC VIDEO COMPETITION
Oh Lordy!...we've received dozens of entries for the Blind Date music video competition and we can't wait to bring them to you at the Free.Social on Wednesday July 10th!
Judged live and with prizes galore, this night is bound to be something special.
The basic idea is this:
- Some of our best local musicians offer up a song or two - or in some cases a whole album! See the list and links below.
- Local filmmakers choose a track to make a film clip for and off they go.
- Some bands are keen to appear in the video, some won't, but our panel will select the best of the bunch to screen at a special gala screening during Revelation - which might also include a live surprise or two!
Filmmakers could make more than one video and if you're a musician or band with a song.
1. Chose a song
2. Emailed the competition ringmaster and mastermind, Jen Jamieson to see if song is available.
3. Make a video.
4. Submit by June 1.
5. Come to the screening!
Here's the list of songs submitted.
- Aminah Hughes: I Need To Learn (Female-Jeff-Buckley-style blues)
- Artificial Colours: Crushed Up (Electronic & Brass)
- Artificial Colours: Bedtime On The Train Home (A Lullaby) (Electronic & Brass)
- Band of Missfits: ALBUM "Higher Passage" - select song (Indie Rock)
- Basic Desire: Rain (Electronic / Ambient)
- Behind The Curtain: I Already Miss Being Young Mix 10 (An eclectic blend of acoustic instrumentation and vocals, combined with elements of future bass and trap)
- Boox Kid: Hold my Hand (Electronic, Chill)
- Boox Kid: It's Just a Dream, Wake Up (Electronic, Chill)
- Charlie Wilde: Allihies (Ethereal and epic)
- Dan McGrath: All That I Can Be (Folk)
- Dan McGrath: I'm With You (Folk)
- Datura4: Sounds of Gold (Progressive Blues/ Psychedelic Rock)
- Datura4: Evil People Pt 2 (Progressive Blues/ Psychedelic Rock)
- Derek Lee Goodreid: Damned (Rockabilly / Americana)
- Dhiego Gusmao: Venerando Pagã (Brazilian Electronica)
- Discordians: Vinyl Dark (Rock Waltz blend)
- Fix The World: Soul Scarred
- Foreign Architects: Expiry Date (Indie / Pop / Chill)
- Flyball Gov'nor: Sex Pest
- Flyball Gov'nor: No Holds
- Georgia McAlpine: Staring Back (Indie / Folk)
- Georgie Aue: Like Electricity (Brazilian Jazz & Soul)
- Georgie Aue: Seventeen (Brazilian Jazz & Soul)
- Georgie Aue: Little Bird (Brazilian Jazz & Soul)
- Hardey McMurrick Two: Rain (Appalachian, jazz & hip hop hybrid)
- Hardey McMurrick Two: Losers (Appalachian, jazz & hip hop hybrid)
- Incomplete: Cost of Living (Punk / hard rock)
- India Bradshaw: ALBUM - choose songs (Folk/Pop)
- Jenny Gaunt: Time (Folk / Pop)
- Jenny Gaunt: Making A Place (Folk / Pop)
- Jere Sosa: If Only Love (Alternative folk-rock, with a Latin-root influence)
- Junkadelic: Aida Wedo (New Orleans jazz/funk fusion with a touch of r'n'b soul)
- Junkadelic: Vamos A Buscar (New Orleans jazz/funk fusion with a touch of r'n'b soul)
- Junkadelic: Junkadelic In The House (New Orleans jazz/funk fusion with a touch of r'n'b soul)
- Littlehawk: ALBUM "Chinchilla" - choose songs (twinkly folk tune about love and support that lifts your heart)
- Loads: Better Together (Rock & Roll / 60s Soul)
- Loads: Roll There (Rock & Roll)
- Loopium: ALBUM - choose songs (Electronic / House / Alternative / Pop)
- Matt Russell: 100 years (Hi-vis Truck Driver Elton John)
- MC Bluntfied feat. Valentine: Still Waiting (Hip Hop with soulful melody)
- Premiss feat. DT: Break Free (Hip Hop / Soul)
- Ribs: Bad Coffee (stripped back, indie pop)
- Salli Pappillon: Q (Volkish Pap', or 'Lo-Fi Queer Folk')
- Segue: ALBUM select song (alternative pop / dream pop)
- Steve Hensby: ALBUM select song (Funk/Soul/World/Ska)
- Striations: That's Enough For Me (Electro, Ambient, Synthy)
- Sunshine Brothers: Smokey Strut (Tropical Dub Ska)
- Sun Trippers: Plasma Baby (rock / hints of country/funk)
- Susgala: ALBUM - select songs (Contemporary folk / pop)
- Swingin' At The Savoy: Man From New Orleans (Jazz originals & songs from the 20-40s)
- Tashi: The Rabbit Hole (Upbeat funky pop / folk)
- Tashi: Shine A Light (Upbeat funky pop / folk)
- Tashi: White Lion - Instrumental (Upbeat funky pop / folk)
- The Little Lord Street Band: Minute Of Another Day (Indie, Rock, Roots)
- The Little Lord Street Band: Where We Are (Indie, Rock, Roots)
- Them Jackdaws: Women's Work
- Them Jackdaws: Hollywood
- Them Jackdaws: Polyester
- Tobias Wonderdog: Empty Hand (Uplifting alt. country meets meandering indie rock)
- Tobias Wonderdog: Heyoka (Uplifting alt. country meets meandering indie rock)
- The Skelton Collective: ALBUM EP "Choosing Happy" - choose songs (Adult contemporary pop)
- The Skelton Collective: ALBUM EP "Resistance Is Futile" - choose songs (Adult contemporary pop)
- The Terror Adaptors: ALBUM "Home In Time For Tea" - select songs (Rock) Duck It!
- Web Rumors: (We Don't Need A) Hero (new wave style pop)
- Web Rumors: Sinner (For Your Love) (new wave style pop)
- Your Girl Pho: Five-Thirty PM (Pop / Electronic)