LIFE IN PICTURES: COORDINATOR POSITION OPEN
Developer notes to the user
- Titles should be h4's to keep the site consistent
- If replacing an image make sure it has the same width. (Double click to find out size)
- This message will not be shown when published
LIFE IN PICTURES FILM COMPETITION COORDINATOR
Applications close March 20th
The Revelation Perth International Film Festival is looking for an administrator for the Life in Pictures filmmaking competition.
Life in Pictures is a unique collaboration between the Department of Local Government and Communities, ScreenWest and Revelation and is designed to initiate creative discussion and responses to ageing in the community.
The competition calls for entries that deal with ageing, perceptions of ageing and other themes across three eligible categories:
- Under 17
The role reports to the Revelation Perth International Film Festival Director and will also have contact with the Revelation Communications Director and representatives from the Department of Local Government and Communities.
The position will work as part of the Revelation delivery team that includes a Festival Director, Program Director, General Manager and Marketing Director.
We enjoy the event and all its elements so it’s a fun and dynamic environment with many moving parts. Anyone over 60 years old is able to apply. If you’ve got an interested in the arts, film, marketing and communications, community outreach and education and if you have the time, this job is for you.
The event has a “distributed” delivery structure with the team located around Perth and the country so we don’t have an office but we do meet regularly. So your space is your office. There are no set hours – just deadlines, the first of which is the confirmation of the viewing panels by March 31st.
We anticipate this position will take up one day per week with increased activity close to the close of entries. Phone calls and emails however may be received at any time during business hours and will be required to be attended to at your earliest ability.
We’re looking for someone 60+ to:
- Administer the call for entries by logging incoming entries on our online spreadsheet.
- These entries will come via online notifications and basic entry details will be required to be entered into an online Excel-type spreadsheet for later use by judges
- Liaise via email and telephone with filmmakers and community on questions regarding the competition, guidelines and entry details.
- Coordinate (not find) three selection panels – one for each category and Life in Pictures ambassador who will view entered films online
- Liaise with shortlisted filmmakers regarding delivery of screening materials and publicity stills
- Research, communicate with and promote to potential sources of entries such as community groups, schools, nursing homes and other organisations.
- Liaise with the Revelation General Manager and Department of Local Government and Communities with potential publicity outlets.
- Participate in fortnightly Skype or phone updates
- Arrange for the purchase and distribution of prizes to winners. These prizes have already been sourced and costed.
Experience & Attributes
The Life in Pictures Coordinator should have the following experience and assets:
- You need to be 60 years-old or older.
- A love of cinema
- Everyday access to computer (preferably laptop), printer, scanner etc
- Everyday access to high-speed internet
- Mobile phone
- A valid driver’s license and motor vehicle
- Understanding of online systems and resources such as Vimeo, YouTube, Google Docs and Facebook including uploading and downloading video files and documents. We can provide some training there but ultimately confidence in working in an online environment is very important
- Working understanding of computer programs such Excel, Word, email and web browsers.
- Well presented with excellent communications skills.
- A willingness to learn.
- A willingness to help others learn.
- Can work unsupervised and develop or refine new or existing administration systems.
- Eager to contribute ideas and be part of an active team.
- An ability to research and compile simple information databases
Revelation will provide:
- Work Cover insurance.
- Tailored email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Reimbursement for relevant costs on presentation of receipts (printer cartridges, telephone, stationary, fuel etc).
- A fee of $4,000 (+gst if applicable).
- An existing online entry logging spreadsheet and system.
- Festival Gold Pass and access all areas during the event.
- Competition timelines and milestones.
- Training in online systems if required.
- March 31st Confirmation of the viewing panels
- May 31st Close of Entries
- June 21st Judging complete
- June 22nd Finalists notified
- June 30th High-quality versions of finalist films received
- July 1st High-quality versions of finalist go to post-production to output cinema versions
- July 4th Cinema screening versions to cinemas
- July 6th Festival Opening
- July 13th Winner’s screenings
If you’re interested in the position, contact the Festival Director Richard Sowada on 0448 007 233 or email here. We recommend before you do that you review the Life in Pictures guidelines which are available here.
Applications close March 20th and the selected application should be able to commence working on the project immediately and conclude the position on July 31st.
Interviews will be conducted by phone or Skype with the Festival Director. Applications don’t need to be long but should address as many as many of the elements noted in the Experience and attributes section as possible. This position is open to any and all interested people over 60 regardless of race, gender, religion or other things that get in the way of people doing the things they may love to do.
You can email your application or inquiries to: email@example.com
Join our mailing list for information as it comes to hand.
Questions? Email us here if you have questions or thoughts.